Sunday, 11 April 2010

a midpoint update

So, I have now been in Catania for 10 weeks and in 10 weeks time it will be my last Sunday here, I have reched the halfway point of my stay here!

I a feeling kind of pleased about it, because that means in only 10 weeks I can go on my exciting trip with Stephanie, to Rome, Florence and Venice, and in 11 weeks I will be back home in Winlaton and will get to see everyone who I am missing.

I am also happy because the next 10 weeks are going to be great, I have had such fun here and am looking forward to having even more good times with my friends here, and the weather is improving all the time so now I can spend my free time sunbathing!

Last weekend was Easter so we had some time off work which was great, I needed a break as had been sick and still wasn't feeling my best. I went to a gorgeous beach on Thursday, a place called Gardini Naxos and relaxed all day in the sun, it was really hot, the only problem was that I have not got a bikini, my mam has sent me a parcel now with some more suitable beach clothing. When I got there and it was really hot I just took off my jeans and sunbathed in my vest and knickers! Well, nobody knew me there! I tried to shop for a bikini here but the weather isn't quite hot enough for the shops to be full of summer clothes and there were none in the shops I went to that fit...
I also went to Siracusa, a town not far from Catania and went to some Roman and Greek ruins, the wather was fantastic again and I was really sad that I didn't have my camera to take lots of pictures of me doing things that did not involve gin! I also took a little detour off the marked path and stole and orange and a lemon from the massive garden near the ruins! I didn't realise, however, that orange trees have thorns!!! I got a huge thorn stuck in my arm and still have a big mark on my arm from it!
I spend the next 2 days eating! On Easter Sunday (Pasqua) I went to my boss' house and had lots of lovely food and on Easter Monday (Pasquetta) I went to an agroturismo, a diversified farm, we ate for hours and dranks some delicious limoncello and then I watched the others ride horses (I don't really like horses) and we went shooting - however, we were the last group of the day and there were only 15 pellets left for us to use, so we had 3 shots each. I managed to hit 2 out of 3 so was pretty pleased with that! Then we played football but I had to sit out in the end as had totally innappropriate shoes on (pretty, silver shoes)and every time I kicked the ball my shoe flew off! I did score a few goals, with the ball and the shoe! All in all a very enjoyable day, and a really relaxing and lovely holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment