Saturday, 27 March 2010

oh I love sunshine!!!!

I love sunshine and I love everything that goes with it! I love being warm, I love lying on a beach, I love eating ice cream, I love being able to wear pretty summer clothes (not that I have any),I love the sea; watching the sea, listening to the sea, smelling the sea and going in the sea (haven't done that yet but I will) and I love the way people are when it is sunny, they seem more cheerful, more hopeful and more likable and I feel more cheerful too! Oh and I love getting a tan, but the freckles are a bit annoying, I look really young with freckles, which I suppose at 28 is a good thing and I should be pleased... also tanning gives you wrinkles which is not good but I have loads already and I am learning to live with them! OK, maybe I am stil a little bit freaked out by wrinkles, especially ones that used to only appear when I laughed and now never dissapear... oh, life!

So, yes, it has been sunny here for a while now, with a few days of haze and cloud but generally really nice and I am really happy about it! Can you tell?! I like the way that I am really talking about weather as a typical English girl, but also that the Italians are not yet as excited as me, though when I went to the beach the last two weekends there were some in bikinis and shorts, but the vast majority were in coats and scarves but at the beach and eating icecream and sitting in cafes outside in the sun. My students keep telling me that soon it will be even hotter and though they tell me off for wearing t-shirts when it is 22 degrees they are all really pleased that I like their weather and enjoy their lifestlye. They enjoy it too and are proud of their culture, and their weather, so it makes me happy to make them happy...

Next week is Easter and as a good catholic girl I will not be working for 5 days and instead will be off trying to see some more of Sicily! Yes, I am a Catholic really, but, no, NOT a good one! I am not sure what will happen yet, but I am sure I will have fun!

I'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

  1. man, really should be able to spell seeing as I am an Englsh teacher... I mean find the deliberate istakes and correct please! Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaagggghhhh, The problem is I can't type!.... ENGLISH!!!! MISTAKES!!!!!

    ReplyDelete